The Confucius school of philosophy gives advice on how to live well. The core concept is that all human are born with a sense of morality. And this sense of morality is from the Divine.
Everyone has a moral compass in their heart that knows right from wrong. The seed is there when one’s born and, with careful cultivation, it will grow into a tall tree. A person’s mission in life is to cultivate their moral sense and act accordingly.
20 powerful life changing lessons based on the philosophy of greatest Chinese philosopher Confucius.
1. Be kind to people around you, be kind to the world
- Death and life have their determined appointments; riches and honors depend upon heaven.
The superior man seeks to perfect the admirable qualities of men, and does not seek to perfect their bad qualities. The mean man does the opposite of this.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
5. If a man keeps cherishing his old knowledge, so as continually to be acquiring new, he may be a teacher of others.
- Anything you don’t want to happen to yourself, don’t impose it on others.
Never form a friendship with a man who is not better than you.
8. Keep learning, until the day you die.
- When anger rises, think of the consequences.
A craftsman who wishes to do his work well must first sharpen his tools.
When it is obvious that goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, but adjust the action steps.
12. If you hate a person, then you’re defeated by them.
- Be humble, and learn from others. Anybody has something you can learn from.
What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand.
Give instructions only to those people who seek knowledge after they have discovered their ignorance.
18. Looking at small advantages prevents great affairs from being accomplished.
- If they spit at you behind your back, it means you’re ahead of them.
Keep what you say and carry out what you do
Follow these wise life lessons and Be kind always!