What is Cloud Telephony
Cloud telephony provides facility to maintain and manage the entire communications infrastructure in the cloud while business telephones, smartphones, tablets, and computers let users access these services from wherever they are located.
Unlike old PBX telephony, this technology doesn’t require a dedicated hardware to be installed at user premises.
Cloud telephony works onand all the incoming and outgoing calls are stored in a dashboard. Its web application interface has a specific set of commands to perform predefined actions (playing voice file, Music on Hold, send Auto reply SMS. Record etc). This lets you analyze calls for better communication.
is the technology that hosts communication devices over the premises of service providers and makes them accessible through the cloud to customers.
In addition, consumers will be provided with a web interface to connect to this cloud-hosted network.
How cloud telephony works:
- The gets the data hosted on a remote data centre (either a 3rd party provider or its own).
- The cloud telephony application is accessed by the business using the desktop (or mobile application in some cases). It doesn’t involve any hardware or software to be installed in the office premises of the business using cloud telephony services.
- Businesses are assigned their unique virtual phone number. It has multiple phone numbers mapped behind it. As the call is dialled at the virtual number, it gets forwarded to any of the mapped phone numbers. Unlike PBX systems, it doesn’t require landline phones to forward calls.
- Multiple channel lines are connected in the cloud telephony solution that allows multiple calls to be attended simultaneously.
- Most of the data centres provide 99.9% uptime. They ensure that due to any internet or back-end issue, calls of the business are not affected.
The fact that cloud telephony is widely used by most businesses today proves the effective results and benefits it has been generating. The most notable feature of cloud telephony is its economical cost, that makes it favourable for businesses for SMEs as well.
Benefits of Cloud Telephony
- Call Distribution: It is possible to distribute incoming calls based on skills or round robin or free / busy.
- Multilevel IVR: By greeting your incoming callers with a meaningful IVR, create a great impression of your company. This also helps to improve the distribution of call based on the caller’s selected preference.
- Call Recording: By default, all calls are recorded. Call recording has many benefits such as quality control, intent of training, evidence of engagement, settlement of disputes.
- Number Masking: The caller number is not shown to the Officer. The agent sees the amount of provider of Cloud means that you own the customer at all times, regardless of who offers the service.
- No hardware required: Installation of ZERO at your place. Simply subscribe to the service and take advantage of the benefits.
- Detailed reporting for all the calls: Agents are calling for reports. Calls held as opposed to not held. Call time. Total calling agents and total call time. There is no limit to the type of reporting you can schedule for yourself as an email.
- Time-based call routing: Office hours and after office hours can have different treatment for the calls. Eg: in office hours you route the calls to agents and after office hours you may just play an IVR and call that caller next day.Alternatively, different Agents can be defined for different time periods.
- Easy to setup: Instant set-up and trouble-free set-up. Because Enjoy offers all unlimited, you don’t have to worry about the bills.
- Scalable: Further agents are added or more branches are added. No issue, with a breeze Cloud Telephony focused on cloud services,
- Reliable: Cloud Telephony can accommodate scale changes. As such, there are far fewer chances of failure than in-house EPABX.